Planet Hunters Talk

Crowdsourced Volunteering Blog

• hamptongray23 by hamptongray23

Fellow Zooites,

After a few years of participating in Zooniverse projects and on other crowdsourced volunteering websites, like Eyewire and Distributed Proofreaders, I have found that there is not a comprehensive list of all of these great programs. So I am starting a blog at https://clicksforchange.wordpress.com where I talk about citizen science and other similar crowdsourced volunteer programs. I will eventually get around to every project I come across and try to get the greatest mix of Zooniverse and non-Zooniverse projects. For example, my first post is about Planet Hunters, but my next one will probably be on Distributed Proofreaders, the volunteer ebook-making wing of Project Gutenberg.

These websites all empower people to make simple but important contributions to science and humanity in general, and hopefully, I can facilitate some cross-exchange of volunteers between these projects. In short, I would appreciate anyone taking a moment to check out the blog. Hopefully you will learn about some other projects you can get involved in.

Thanks for being a great community!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to hamptongray23's comment.

Cool! Thanks for featuring us; great write-up! 😃

Posted