Planet Hunters Talk

ExoFOP

• Shellface by Shellface

ExoFOP was put into operation earlier this month, as a much-needed resource to K2 as CFOP is to K1. Hopefully a lot of useful information will be posted there in time, but right now there's not too much present.

I am interested in seeing findings on planet hunters added to this database - as it would be more convenient for professional use - but to do so one needs to request an account, which requires some formaility of profession, which is… somewhat above what could be applied to me, perhaps. Has anyone here successfully requested a CFOP account in the past? Is there a particularly high bar of entry?

Posted

• zoo3hans by zoo3hans

Dear Shellface

as far as I remember it was no problem getting an account. I think I gave "PlanetHunters" as my formal organization 😃
    fI you have problems getting an account I could share my password with you.

Posted

• ajamyajax by ajamyajax in response to Shellface's comment.

Yes SF it is as Hans Martin says, and you can probably get an ID on CFOP just as we both did using PH as the organization. I posted on the original CFOP a number of times to help identify False Positives in the KOI list and believe I helped at times. But of course it is just like here, where posts can go unnoticed for very long periods of time unfortunately. I would encourage you to write your own scientific paper(s) for the most benefit to the community and your own recognition. But good posts here and on CFOP are always welcome by the regular readers, so have at it.

Posted

• Shellface by Shellface

Success! The request was accepted in a few hours. I'll see about adding some things today.

aja: Yes, I recognise that both of these sites are secluded from literature proper. Writing papers of my own has been an aspiration for some time, but for now I am okay with being a guiding hand, or whatever. And there's all that radial velocity stuff that Kepler has distracted me from, which ought to see the light of day some time…

Anyway. For now, I'll try my best to be useful behind the curtains.

Posted