Planet Hunters Talk

Kepler known planet: Failed Simulation caused by failure to highlight transit curves

• mboschmd by mboschmd

I've had at least 5 incidents where a known Kepler planet is used for a transit simulation. After marking the transits, they fail to be highlighted in red = lost opportunity for learning/ability to correct our mistakes.

It's a different problem than the Known Planet/Transit difference problem. Sorry to add to the list of bugs and glitches that need to be worked out.

Here's 3 examples: APH00003o4, APH0000327, and APH0000599

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist

Thanks for reporting. The examples you give are known planets there are no simulations in them. They would have a blue label above the 140 character box saying 'simulation' if they were simulated transits injected. We are having an issue plotting the actual transits, that we are aware of and should have for the weekend turned off the highlighting feature for known planet candidates until we ca sort the issue.

If you still see the issue appearing do let me know, and I'll contact the developers again, but for now known planet candidates shouldn't have anything highlighted in the classification interface since sometime last Friday.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted