Planet Hunters Talk

Kepler know planet / transit difference

• firejuggler by firejuggler

Ok, this is now the 4th time that I see transit in a know-kepler-planet LC and the system doesn't seem to see them

and now with APH000067z, Q8-3
    What should we do? ignore them for the time being?

Posted

additonal occurence
    APH00003yy 6-3

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to firejuggler's comment.

Thanks for reporting this issue. We're aware. We've been trying to fix the issue. The Chicago team will try and look at this. Just mark where you think the transits are. Ignore the red for the time being. It may be we're not plotting all of the planets in the system. We're working on sorting the issue. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

I just wanted to be sure you were aware.Now that I know you are, won't bother you with this for at least a week ^^.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to firejuggler's comment.

Thanks your screen shots have been very helpful. for the moment we've turned the plotting of known planets off until we fix the issue. We should have a fix soon.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• mboschmd by mboschmd

And another: APH00000p5 Q2-1. There's another version of this problem: there are no red circles around the transit dots.It's happened to me over 5 times Here's 3 examples: APH00003o4, APH0000327, and APH0000599

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist

It's the same issue. These are known planet candidates not simulations. It should have been turned off for the weekend. Are you still seeing it.

~Meg

Posted

• vllctsdrncrm by vllctsdrncrm

they dots are still incorrect ...ill post pics when i come across one

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to vllctsdrncrm's comment.

Providing an APH ID and a screenshot I can point the Zooniverse development team too would be the most helpful.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• zizzo by zizzo

I signal that for APH00003yy (case already spotted by firejuggler on September 19 2014) quarter 11-3 dots are still incorrect.

Posted

• mahaprabhu1994 by mahaprabhu1994

how to find a temperature for APH00011lo star????

Posted

• ajamyajax by ajamyajax in response to mahaprabhu1994's comment.

You can go the NASA Exoplanet Archive (NEA) and enter 'KIC 4042026' where it says 'Explore the Archive' then click Search to get lots of information about the star, planetary status, etc. Also note the prefix is 'EPIC ...' for any K2 searches.

http://exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu/index.html

On Planet Hunters, if or when they fix the 'View on MAST' or 'Stellar Properties' links you should be able to get this information there also.

Posted