Planet Hunters Talk

Can someone help classify this?

• livaliva by livaliva

What is this, I've included a few hashtags but none seem to fit 100%. Anyone have suggestions?

Posted

• Yade by Yade

If "this" is APH00015tq i sugest you zoom in twice, then look at the points one at a time from left to right and you'l notice a verry rytmic pulse.
    Seems almost every second dip is significant deeper and almost every second spike is a bit higher. Could be a star with verry organiced magnetic fields conducting electricity running the burn proces in a verry diciplined way.
    Ups - sorry - forgot established sciense doesn't alow elektiricity to havy anny role whatsoever in space 😄 Funny since disks around black holes produce gigatons of plasma and spit it milions of lightyears out in intergalactik space :-p

I just noticed you saw that weird one 4 days ago and your post here is 8 days, but i rearly have no clue to wich one it is of the 23 you have evaluated 8 or more days ago. If you copy the number and put it in a post here, I or somebody else could maybe give a bid.

Posted

• Yade by Yade in response to livaliva's comment.

Just realized the picture to the left is a link to APH00014ve. I notice you havn't classified since, that's understandable, since most on the boards seem verry demotivated.

I rearly don't know much about this stuff, but if we consider the theories about neutronstars and pulsars good, it could be something like that.

Imagine a star rotating close around a neutronstar or a black hole. During a normal corona mass ejection the gravity from a massive object may help tear huge mases lose and when they during the rapid rotation are spread in space, the luminious material may create the huge spikes in the readings.

I notice you labled it pulsating and another used binary, i can't disagree with any, but since verry little of these theories are proven we have to consider it just that - good theories, but still theories.

Posted