Planet Hunters Talk

EPIC 202088715

• ACS_LPSP by ACS_LPSP

It may have been a discussion on this subject and has already enlisted in a planet candidates, but still would like to know more about this giant is likely.

Posted

• ajamyajax by ajamyajax

Could you explain why you think this is a giant? Just a quick look at the colors here, but I get the spectral type and mass estimate below. And it looks DSS colored white in Aladin Lite.

EPIC, 2MASS, J mag, H mag, K mag, J - H, H - K, (J-H spectral type, stellar mass est) (H-K spectral type, stellar mass est)

202088715 , 2MASS J06283963+1538330 , 10.301 , 10.074 , 10.008 , 0.227 , 0.066 , ('F8V', 1.18) , ('G0V', 1.09)

Posted

• ACS_LPSP by ACS_LPSP

ajamyajax well, I guess, based on the depth of the transit (depth of 0.9997) and duration (7 hrs) (unless of course I usually understand the meaning (if there was a good brush up and uzant more about them)), that this transit has a planetary nature and caused by the passage of the disk of its star .tak gas giant is also likely that the giant is on the long periodic orbit on the basis of what we see (at least clearly) single transit

By the way. Slightly offtopic, but still: how do You insert images into a video posts?

Posted

• ajamyajax by ajamyajax in response to ACS LPSP's comment.

According to my notes, 1955.7x is the Jupiter glitch unfortunately... But if a real transit, I think that duration would have worked with this star without it being a giant. Using your duration maybe an object something like this:

Semi-Major Axis a (A.U.) = 0.2945

Stellar diameter ratio = 1.05

Stellar mass ratio = 1.12

Period ~= 55.16 days

Duration ~= 7.0 hours

Regarding the image posts, I use this free site to post my JPG files:

http://imgur.com/

I believe other Planet Hunters use this website:

http://photobucket.com/

And then it's just a matter of posting your direct link using the image icon at the top of each post comment section. Hope this helps.

Posted