Planet Hunters Talk

EPIC 205587117

• ACS_LPSP by ACS_LPSP

The light curve of the star shows that a distinct change could be caused by at least eclipsing binaries, but the noise is not possible to determine exactly the depth of transits. . And in these signals is not observed periodicity. Question: Could this be the transit of the planet's giant eclipsing double and multiple star system or star T Tauri similar to EPIC 205519771?

P. S If you look at the light curve of the star in more detail it is possible to detect some small changes in the light curve of the star. Of course, many of them just a noise glitch of the equipment, "Kepler" or the activity of the star itself, but interestingly, some observed periodicity. Can this be caused by the passage of micro transits across the disk of the star of the more smaller planets with short orbital period?

Posted

• davidbundy77 by davidbundy77

I suspect that this is a kind of glitch, but maybe someone more knowledgable can give a better explanation. It looks similar to the quasi-periodic dips I commented on here

http://talk.planethunters.org/#/boards/BPH0000005/discussions/DPH0000wac

In particular some of the dips have a quasi-periodicity of about two days, which I find very suspicious.

Here are the raw and processed light curves for your example. Notice how the artificial dips in the raw data at the beginning of the curve are not removed completely by the correction procedure.

EPIC 205587177

Posted

• ACS_LPSP by ACS_LPSP

Hmm interesting picture turns out ... but still possible assumptions?

Posted