Planet Hunters Talk

A Break

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist

Hiya,

Happy New Year everyone. You might have noticed I'm spending less and less time on Talk recently. I'll be dropping in much more infrequently to Talk over the coming months. I have several new projects including Planet Four that I started on when I moved to my new postdoc position in Taiwan (1.6 years ago), and they are all spinning up at the same time and now need my full attention. Right now, I can't devote the same time and energy that I did to Planet Hunters in the past. So I'll be stepping back from Planet Hunters Talk for a while to focus on these projects.

I'm not leaving the Zooniverse. I'll be spending much more time right now working on getting Planet Four to where Planet Hunters is today and working on observing solar system bodies with Kepler. There is also the great and experienced hands of Joe, Jo, and Tony (the awesome Talk moderators) and the rest of the Planet Hunters science team who are around to continue to support the Talk community. With the extra help of Darren (@DZM) as the Community Builder and Grant as Community Manager to support the Zooniverse Talk communities and the moderators, it seemed like the right time to take a break.

Do feel free to say hello on Planet Four, and see you around in the Zooniverse.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• ajamyajax by ajamyajax in response to mschwamb's comment.

Meg, best of luck with everything!!! As ancient mariners might have said, "May the right star always guide you home." (notice I didn't say the North Star. : ) )

Posted

• arvintan by arvintan

Good luck with the other projects, Meg!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thanks for all you do, Meg!

And if anyone gets super lonely for her, please come join us over on Planet Four Talk!

Posted