Planet Hunters Talk

Out of lightcurves.

• Hildifons by Hildifons

It seems we've run out of lightcurves. At this rate, with so many new people helping analyze the LCs, how much new data do we have left from Kepler to look over?

Posted

• davidbundy77 by davidbundy77

Not much more to look at. Campaign 5 isn't available yet. I don't think we looked at Campaign 3 on Planet Hunters yet, so maybe someone could upload that data.

Posted

• davidbundy77 by davidbundy77

Apparently the release date for Campaign 5 data is 29 October. So maybe we won't have to wait so long after all.

Posted

• zoo3hans by zoo3hans in response to davidbundy77's comment.

Yes, there is data available on http://archive.stsci.edu/missions/k2/lightcurves/c5/

Posted

• Hildifons by Hildifons

Good to know, thank you very much zoo3hans and davidbundy77.

Posted

• bundrew by bundrew

Oh! Is that why nothing is loading (spinning loading wheel) when I go to Classify? I thought maybe it was just me, but the reason is that we're out of light curves?

Posted

• alschmitt by alschmitt

I urge great caution here.

MAST has not yet posted an official C5 release memo on their website. Until they do so, we can't be certain the data is accurate and complete.

Don't assume that just because lightcurves exist in the directories that they are safe and ready to use. We need explicit confirmation from MAST to tell us so.

Cheers,

Al

Posted