Planet Hunters Talk

signed up and keep getting the same star

• efriesema by efriesema

i signed in and took the tutorial but when I mark "finished it" just leaves me on the same star , APH000039

Posted

• susanmcv by susanmcv

Me too. I've marked that same one 10 times in a row.

Posted

• Shawnessy by Shawnessy

same here. if i get it to leave that star it just goes to a never ending loading screen

Posted

• ronaldbeal by ronaldbeal

Another here... same thing!

Posted

• ronaldbeal by ronaldbeal

And I tried with MS edge browser and google chrome. Both on windows 10 laptop. Currently in Australia (home is Tennessee, USA)

Posted

• cokeomo by cokeomo

I am having the same issue. as well. Operating on Firefox 41.0.1 on windows 7. Leaving the page and returning to Classify results in an endless loading status.

Posted

• SpaceIsBig42 by SpaceIsBig42

The bug in this thread seems to be related and started at the same time: http://talk.planethunters.org/#/boards/BPH0000002/discussions/DPH0000xsq?page=1&comment_id=561ef03f1dd53e009a00c4ce

Posted

• caitsith by caitsith

Same issue here, Chrome on Windows 7.

EDIT: I left the page, came back to Classify and now it's stuck loading.

Posted

• relapse by relapse

Yepp, I'm having the same problem as well, Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 m running on Windows 7

Posted

• cokeomo by cokeomo

It seems like they don't have much of an IT department to answer issue postings.

Posted

• gwade1990 by gwade1990

same problem.

Posted

• Joshua_Reyes by Joshua_Reyes

even warm and full reboot completed not change, the classifying keeps on loading...

Posted

• LoveLookin by LoveLookin

Same here. I keep getting the exact same chart, even after rebooting and logging in again. It's APH0000039.

Posted

• 403_err0r by 403_err0r

I'm having the same problem. Different devices, different OSs and the same result. 039 over and over again.

Posted

• abbring by abbring

Yep same issue here, tried different machines, chrome firefox and IE

Posted

• kfjames by kfjames

Same issue here.

Posted

• kfjames by kfjames

Tried both Google Chrome and Firefox ... go to profile and take the mini course and then go to classify and get the spinning loading splash screen.

Posted

• Murph1487 by Murph1487

I am getting the same thing, you would think with the recent exposure this sight got with the megastructure articles they would address this ASAP.

Posted

• sleepygirl by sleepygirl in response to Murph1487's comment.

I'd suspect that is exactly why they are having this problem... 😉 still you'd think someone would be checking it... 😃

Posted

• Infinite_p0tat0 by Infinite_p0tat0

After trying 5 times with 2 different computers, I was starting to wonder what was wrong, but i see I'm not the only one. I'll try again another day, I hope the problem is fixed by then.

Posted

• execrablepiety by execrablepiety

I have the same problem. It's the star they give you for the tutorial. After I signed in I tried refreshing and after a while it just got stuck on the loading screen. This is soooo frustrating. I tried on both Chrome and Firefox with the same result.

Posted

• stevelegend by stevelegend

Better luck tomorrow, I suppose!

Posted

• Erik_Tiber by Erik_Tiber

Ditto for me, nice to see that this was just posted today. Hope this gets fixed, my first time here on this site.

Though maybe it's fortunate, since I do have homework to do.

Posted

• sbarkfelt by sbarkfelt

same. 😦

Posted

• steppa by steppa

same. If I reload the page, the part where the lightcurve is displayed loads forever.

Posted

• ravishahmufc by ravishahmufc

Yes, same for me. Its so frustrating. I click on the finished button and the same data loads again.

Posted

• inertiacreeps by inertiacreeps

Same here. I got loads to start off with and now I just keep getting the same problem. It might be an overload from when IFLS published the story about the possible alien life and gave a link back here. Perhaps the system overloaded?

Posted

• Shairlyn by Shairlyn

Same problem here. I am really keen to help classify but I am only seeing the one star! I am using Chrome.

Posted

• ravishahmufc by ravishahmufc in response to ravishahmufc's comment.

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/10/the-most-interesting-star-in-our-galaxy/410023/?utm_source=SFFB

Well this news has done it probably.

Posted

• sedonaleigh by sedonaleigh

Same here

Posted

• Pcon by Pcon

same, I've tried IE, Chrome and Firefox

Posted

• joe-doe by joe-doe

Same here.

Posted

• Shawnessy by Shawnessy

its been like that for days now

Posted

• Raeliarc by Raeliarc

Yup I just joined and I thought I was doing something wrong :p
    both relieved and disappointed to see this is such a widespread issue 😕

Posted

• inertiacreeps by inertiacreeps

Interestingly, I just read the 'Debugs etc during Relaunch' and the last post my @DMZ on there suggested that if nothing was reloading then you'd most likely seen all the data that there was to sort at this time.

If they've decided to focus on this particular star for the time being AND from the massive covering this has had on social media (hey, that's where I found this place) the new accounts on Planet Hunters must have gone through the roof, maybe all the newbies cleared the last remaining data.

Posted

• MrPapillon by MrPapillon in response to inertiacreeps's comment.

I don't think that is the issue here. The issue happens after a few stars and some of the ones I have passed had no comments even if they had negotiable patterns. Some comments are still showing on new stars when you check the front page of talk.planethunters.org and you check their dates.

Also, there is no need for having a limit of people commenting on the same star. Even one user commenting multiple times on the same star can be of use. The more analysis they have and the more accurate they might be, according to the law of large numbers (that is not exactly accurate since people can read the comments of other people, I find that a weakness in their user interface).

Posted

• cokeomo by cokeomo

All other zooniverse projects are active and working.

Posted

• Brettulus by Brettulus

I think some of these these issues might be client side.
    Not sure what it's using but after highlighting a transition and hitting "finished" it simply removes the highlight and the screen doesn't change.
    Upshot is I end up highlighting the same sets of transits as the x-axis (days) never changes.
    Frustrating!

Posted

• Punkymonkey by Punkymonkey

I've had trouble for some time now. I was wondering if it is because I am not a new account, that having an old account with a new launch was somehow the problem.

Posted

• sarvajitk by sarvajitk

am a new planet hunter and you are right. After hitting finished, i keep getting the same screen as Brettulus said, only the highlight disappears and there's nothing to show that what i am tracking is a new set of data

Any help Kepler guys?

Posted

• dpotthast@hotmail.com by dpotthast@hotmail.com

same here... same star as tutorial and no change after marking transits

Posted

• Bersh by Bersh

same, i've tried all browsers

Posted

• rangerdanger88 by rangerdanger88

Im also having this issue

Posted

• Brettulus by Brettulus

You get further with Firefox than IE
    Stil - after selecting a transit the screen wont change. just repeats.
    grrrr!!! (kidding - but please - anyone got it working?)

Posted

• Brettulus by Brettulus

trying chrome....nope

Posted

• Vandykins by Vandykins

Me too! I'm sensing an overload due to the influx of new people!

Posted

• jonbelanger by jonbelanger

same here...disappointing

Posted

• djwehr by djwehr

Having same issue

Posted

• Brettulus by Brettulus

Results : Chrome is not working, IE never loads, and Firefox just spins the wheel.
    Have tried altering the settings (IE 9 compatibility mode) via the dev terminal - no effect.
    Simply spins "loading loading loading" - can't even get to the highlighting error mentioned previously.
    Feel like I'm missing some fun. 😦

Posted

• colnlrunner by colnlrunner

A bunch of websites pointing here in reference to KIC 8462852. System overload?

Posted

• Brettulus by Brettulus

Are there any admin peeps looking at these posts? or are we yelling into the darkness?
    PH Peeps? Are you there?
    Is there anybody out there?
    Help us mere earthlings, please!
    😃

Posted

• sarvajitk by sarvajitk

nope..no help..am breaking my head

Posted

• kikimoto by kikimoto

This site has become victim to overexposure due to a cnn article referring to "the discovery of some extraterrestrial anomaly". I believe there a too many users jamming the servers.

Posted

• Commando717_ by Commando717_

My screen is just continuously loading, with no indication that I'll ever see any data. But also I apologize since I just heard about Planet Hunters today and don't mean to be one of the reasons for bogging down the servers. (It looks like there are only 12 users on anyway though)

Posted

• kikimoto by kikimoto

yes and probably thousands stuck at the tutorial.

Posted

• kikimoto by kikimoto

im just guessing though

Posted

• Commando717_ by Commando717_ in response to kikimoto's comment.

The good news is that you're probably not wrong.

Posted

• ManicMarvin by ManicMarvin

Hmmm, I'm not seeing any administrator transits in the last few solar days.

Posted

• Brettulus by Brettulus

Says only 13 are online. Gotta be a local count - really? 13?
    no way.
    I think it's the Flash type object in the page - it looks dodgy.
    dont know though as there's no way to interrogate it.
    (Console wont show active scripts)
    Anyone managed to get into it yet?

Posted

• kikimoto by kikimoto

Time to start speculating. Perhaps this new strange "extraterrestrial object" was actually alien. No admins = A) abducted by aliens B) aliens told the us government to take care of this problem C) aliens

Posted

• kikimoto by kikimoto

Or maybe they all went to West Virginia to use the Green Bank Telescope. <--- likely the most reasonable explanation.

Posted

• Vanja73 by Vanja73

I read that some of you can finish the tutorial by clicking on a button (finished it)?
    I am not able to see any other button than 'no transits', when I use the opera browser on an ipad?

Posted

• Nerdux by Nerdux

The same here. The same star every time...

Posted

• dbuggr by dbuggr

Ditto. And Ditto..... and ditto.... etc
    I was starting to feel like an idiot for joining this. Is it just fake or what?

Posted

• dbuggr by dbuggr in response to Nerdux's comment.

me too

Posted

• sauran77 by sauran77

i cant get it to work too D: anyone got a fix?

Posted

• ASBSAP by ASBSAP

... and its's the same from Germany, nothing else but the training star ...
    May be they got performance problems with the Hardware or is this dangerous because of a national risk 😃)

Posted