Planet Hunters Talk

Problems Getting Light Curves Today in the Classification Interface

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist

Hi,

A note to say that we're now aware that the site isn't showing data right now. Thanks to those that notified me. I've notified the Zooniverse development team. They should be taking a look now. I'm not sure if this means we have finished the K2 data or not. Apologies for the inconvenience. We should get data back on the site ASAP.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

The team is definitely aware. We're looking into it.

I'm frantically trying to at the very least get something up on the site before the weekend... !

All other Zooniverse projects should be functioning normally, and I'll post here as soon as we get something back up!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Okay, so it's looking like the first set of K2 data has been successfully processed; congrats!

We're working on reverting back to K1 data.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist

Hiya,

I'm trying to sort the status of the site from the development team. We'll have a blog post up later to explain things and what data is in the site. Apologies for any confusion and as always thanks for your help.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm also working on getting an update. The site is definitely live with K1 data, though; I know that much!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Okay, so here's the formal update!

• The site is still live with K1 data that needs to be classified. Please feel free to work on it!
    • The next tranche of K2 data is expected sometime before Christmas, although we don't have a firm date.

Let me know if you have any questions; thanks!

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to DZM's comment.

Thank you Darren. So what dataset is live the M dwarfs or the K dwarfs? It would helpful if you or someone else could send an update to all of the science team if possible.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Currently, the M dwarfs are showing. I'll see what I can do about an update to the science team. Thanks!

Posted

• tsboyajian by tsboyajian scientist

we are indeed showing all the mdwarfs observed in K1 to determine the frequency of long period planets around these types of stars.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thank you, @tsboyajian !!

Posted

• scala by scala

How do I use the tag function while classifying? I don't see where the option is.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

The hashtag function? Just leave a comment with a #hashtag after you complete the classification. You can do it right in the prompt that pops up after completing a classification on a light curve.

If you mean something else, let me know; thanks!

Posted