Planet Hunters Talk

If you were having trouble logging in over the past hour or so or getting to Talk

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist

The Zooniverse had a server issue that was causing problems logging in and accessing Talk. The issue was Zooniverse wide and impacting most projects. The Zooniverse development team were able to sort the issue and everything should be up, and running now.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• arvintan by arvintan

Is that the second time this week or the last two weeks?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to arvintan's comment.

2nd in 2 weeks I believe, but you'd have to ask the Zooniverse development team for the specifics. I don't know any details. I'm not sure if they're related to the same issue. I know the development team were on the issue as soon as they were aware something was up. I'm sure the development team are hard at work getting to the root cause if it hasn't been solved already.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Now that PH is using v2 Talk, it's likely many of us will experience "Talk takes forever to load?" That's the title of a rather long, but now locked, thread in GZ Talk (here); briefly, at around 11am (UK), noon (Central Europe), 6am (eastern US/NYC), ... (all summer-times), at least some parts of all Zooniverse v2 Talks slowed dramatically. It wasn't long before Plankton Zoo's yshish started some real-time monitoring (here); while PH Talk is not being monitored (apparently), it's likely similar latencies (etc) are happening to us.

The good news is that, for at least RGZ (where I spend most of my time), the delays are now (and have been for some time) rarely more than ~15s or so, even at the pumpkin hour (I've noticed that GZ Talk often has much longer delays, as yshish's plots show).

Posted