Planet Hunters Talk

Marking Tool

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe

Just got a new problem when trying to mark transits.

The blue marking box jumps to the left (away from intended position) and the box cannot be expanded or moved to the right. This has only recently occurred. If it clears I will let you know.

Update - This appears to be intermittent as it just happened again on one attempted marking but not on others on same light curve and when I went back, it worked.

Paul

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to PaulMetcalfe's comment.

Is it positional? Like certain places on the interface?

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe in response to mschwamb's comment.

So far it has always been the first transition marked and near the beginning of the light curve (1st third or so). I will let you know if it happens outside these parameters.

Paul

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to PaulMetcalfe's comment.

So you can replicate it each time? It helps if I can tell the developers that.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• PanzerDuck by PanzerDuck

(dont know if this is the right place to do this)

i was thinking about having some extra tools added to the interface;

1. one in particular i would like is a tool to test for repeated detections, as it seems like a close orbit could be detected and the period of the planet could be added to the tool box, e.g. say you have a possible detection every 2 days, if you set a period of 2 days, it should show the next 2 days(e.g. if it shows up on day 1, then show the period of day 3, 5 and the following days) on the screen so that if there is a planet with a period of 2 days, it would be easier to see in the noices as flares may cover the planet when it transits.

2. a line tool to draw a line through each point on the detection, preferably one that can show an average over the period that one is looking for

Posted