Planet Hunters Talk

Lots of problems

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe

I have been away from Planet hunters for a while and thought I would do a bit more. However, not possible as new light curves don't load or load extremely slowly and marking would be impossible anyway. I get a blue box down left side only that cannot be moved. Also I cannot find a record of the stars I marked etc. on version one. It is probably because I am using Explorer 11 but I won't use other browsers anymore.

So sadly this was a very short return. Best of luck to everyone else.

Paul

Posted

• echo-lily-mai by echo-lily-mai moderator

Sorry to hear that. Is anyone else having problems?

Posted

• Martti_Holst_Kristiansen by Martti_Holst_Kristiansen

Yes, I used WE on PH I am using chrome now. When trying out PH2 and the beta version WE did not work and it still does not.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to PaulMetcalfe's comment.

I'm sorry you're having problems. We appear to have an IE issues we weren't aware of . I know the site works in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. I've tested it on all three of these. The developers know and this is priority 1 on Monday to fix this issue.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to Martti Holst Kristiansen's comment.

Did you report that it didn't work with IE? I'm not aware of any issues with IE, but we will get them fixed as soon as possible. It's my first item on the punch list for the development team.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thanks

I will try the site again in a week or two.

For information - when I did get a light curve loaded, if I clicked in preparation to mark a dip, a narrow blue box would appear down the left side of the light curve box (no where near the mouse pointer) and disappear when the mouse button was released. I have tried the site from two different computers (both using IE 11) and both Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit).

Paul

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist

Thanks for the info. That's helpful in diagnosing what's going on with IE. I've updated the support ticket.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

I have a bit more info as I thought I would check out all the buttons and links etc.

Just 2 extra things that don't work

The tutorial takes for ever to load (from tutorial button on right). I haven't loaded it yet.

The slider on zoomed in mode doesn't move.

I hope it gets fixed to work with IE11 as the new layout does look good and I am in Planet Hunter mood at the moment.

Paul

Posted

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the patience while the development team sorts this issue out. The support ticket was closed and some changes were pushed live to the site by the developers.. Can you check if the site is working any better for you now with Internet Explorer?

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• LiveLongAndPhosphor by LiveLongAndPhosphor

I tried classifying in Internet Explorer for you: when attempted to use a mouse to mark a possible transit, the blue bar seemed stuck in the left margin with the red error msg "You tried to mark a transit in a gap..."

Edit: Just tried classifying again on another light curve, and got the same error unfortunately. A pity too, because it surely was a transit! 😃

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist in response to LiveLongAndPhosphor's comment.

Thanks for the feedback. I've put in a support ticket with this information. Can anyone else who uses confirm with IE that you're still having drawing issues ?

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

Nothing yet on marking tool and scroll bar. However the light curves seem to load quicker now.

It is as LiveLongAndPhosphor describes.

Paul

Posted

Hi,

A quick note to say that, the Zooniverse developers just pushed a fix a few minutes ago that they believe should sort the remaining issues for IE 11. Can anyone let me know if they see the problems reported here fixed or improved with IE 11?

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• L82 by L82

Scroll bar is out of order 😦

Posted

No scroll bar

Posted

• TYCEwa by TYCEwa

Super mini-Kurs, brak suwaka przy powiększeniach, gorące pozdrowienia

Posted

• cofiant by cofiant

No scroll bar when zooming in Firefox

Posted

Sorry. The change to fix IE 11 caused an intended bug. We're trying to fix it/revert the site.

~Meg

Posted

Fix to IE scroll bar and to everyone else's browser should be in (including IE). I've confirmed for Chrome and Firefox. Please let me know if anything else pops up.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

IE 11 working good now I think. Thanks to all for your efforts.

Posted

p.s. give away a few free t-shirts to those who find the most sims or something fun like that, and maybe get a crowd back here again.

Posted

I have the scroll bar back but it will not move.

Everything else appears to be working.

Paul

Posted

Thanks for the report I've updated the support ticket.

Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

Developers just sent me an email saying they believe the zoom scrubber (or scroll bar) should now be working in IE 11. Can someone please confirm?

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

Hi,
    Just checked it (scroll bar) and it works. All appears to be working now. Thanks to you and your team.

Now I have no excuses for missing transits - Heck.

Paul

Posted

• TVLith by TVLith

Hi guys, I have the same problem on Safari: new light curves just do not load...

Posted

• capricornsue by capricornsue

Ditto for me.

Posted