Planet Hunters Talk

A Return With Hopes

• Uni2013a by Uni2013a

I decided to come back again for over the next year as hopes not only to discover exoplanets, but find the nature of more variable stars, specifically CV type. White Dwarfs and these binary systems are very important to me as a tracer of how binary evolution can affect both stars, and by establishing data, it can be easier to understand stellar evolution and how the makeup or stars and star systems can influence this, as well as to understand mass before the Common Envelope Phase. I also will be looking into other variable stars, in hopes to find something unique, as well as to help discover planets as they also are very important. If anyone can help or suggest methods (I am still a learner) I would appreciate any advice. In any comments I make, it will only be pure speculation based on the shape of the light curve, period, rise, climax, fall, etc, and if it could belong to a class (WZ Sge Variable, ex), as well as speculative properties. As I still am overall new and have yet to understand and utilize more programs for processing data, this is only theoretical, but I wish to discuss in case any professional can support it.

I gained back motivation from this https://arxiv.org/pdf/1403.0308.pdf

Posted